We're MOVING!!! New templates after Oct. 24th, 2014 can be found on Free-3D-Textures.com.

Monday, February 2, 2009

SWF Flash Files and YouTube

I've been driving myself crazy trying to find a decent way to convert my swf (swishmax files) files to acceptable formats for YouTube, AND have YT turn out a decent quality video. So far I'm not impressed.

I did find one converter that did a decent job of converting my swf file to an mpeg file - plays great when I look at it on my computer. The only drawback was that it stripped the audio file, which I sort of needed in there.

On YT I found a page that says it accepts swf files, and yes, I can upload the swf file, but it doesn't seem to be able to process it. The results of that upload - initially it shows a successful upload, but during the processing to YT format, it fails.

Frankly, I really don't understand the whys of converting to video format. The swf file is a lot smaller than the converted video file: in fact, the video file, without the audio is in fact 5 times larger than the swf file.

Why doesn't YT just package the swf files? The visual quality is about 100 times better unless you begin with a "real" video.

So, what did YouTube do to my decent flash file? THIS:


No comments: