We're MOVING!!! New templates after Oct. 24th, 2014 can be found on Free-3D-Textures.com.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

2013 Pocket Calendar and 3-Part Folding Calendar

There's been a lot of strange stuff going on in my little world over the past few months. One of the reasons I haven't been updating as often as normal. Family is having health issues - pretty serious in fact - and I'm spending most of my time at the hospital these days with my husband. I suppose making new calendar templates/designs is really the last thing on my mind right now, so I'm not sure how fast I'll be updating calendars over the next few months. It is going to depend on how much time I spend at the different hospitals.

Right before all of that started I had begun some design work on a couple of new calendars; a single pocket calendar, and a tri-fold 3 year calendar standing calendar for use on a desk or shelf. I finally managed to get these completed and uploaded, so while I had a few spare minutes I thought I'd write a short post and release these before it's too late. The single-pocket calendar is for 2013, so it's a tiny bit late, but we still have most of 2013 to go so it could still be useful. The tri-fold calendar has three years, beginning with 2013 and going to 2015, so it's still going to be time-appropriate.

The .psd files allow you to put your own photo on the front of the single-pocket, and allow for changing the colour of the frame design and year text in the tri-fold. These aren't complicated files, since the calendar dates aren't editable.

Pocket Calendar Front
Pocket Calendar Back
This is the design for the front of the single pocket calendar. I chose a vintage newspaper from our family history records and scanned that in as the background. The I used one of my dad's old photos of a vintage car. You can keep that in place if you like it, or you can replace the backgrounds with something of your own. In the .psd file, the business title, tag line, and other text can all be edited, so you can put your own business name, or whatever else you want, and it includes both the back and front of the calendar, rather than having two separate files. Just as a note of interest - the newspaper was an article on President Kennedy from the 1960s.  The back of the calendar has a yearly calendar, and some blank lines for writing numbers or small reminder notes for the user. Download the .psd file for this single-pocket calendar here.

The tri-fold calendar is fairly basic - navy blue outlines with an open swirled frame around the year (by the way, this open frame has been created as a free photoshop brush, which you can download from the PS Brushes section on Free-3D-Textures.com). The colour outlines and frames are also available in red, black and apple green in the .psd file (you can change the colour of this framework using the "replace colour" option in photoshop). The calendars are black, navy and red, so the basic calendar will work well with any of those colours in the framework. You can download the .psd file here.

2013-2014-2015 Tri-fold Standing Calendar



No comments: